8 large Eggs
600g Colcom Sausage Meats
1 Tbls fresh Thyme
200g fresh Breadcrumbs
Freshly ground Black Pepper
500g Shortcrust Pastry
Cake flour for dusting
15ml Sesame Seeds
- Put 6 eggs in a large pan of cold water. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat. Leave for 5 minutes, then lift the eggs out and cool under running water. Peel.
- Add the sage and thyme to the sausage meat and ¾ of the breadcrumbs, add one of the remaining eggs and some pepper and mix well together.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Criss- cross 2 long strips of grease proof paper in a 20cm pie tin or round cake tin, these are ‘handles’ to help lift out your pie. Roll out half your pastry on a lightly floured surface to line the tin. Scatter the remaining breadcrumbs over the base of the pastry, then pat in about a quarter of the sausage mixture. Evenly space the peeled eggs on top, then gently pack the remaining meat around and over – trying to evenly cover the eggs without leaving any gaps.
- Roll out the remaining pastry, cover the pie, then trim the edges. Pinch and crimp edges to seal, poke a steam hole in the top, then glaze with remaining egg.
- Scatter with sesame seeds and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pie from the oven and carefully remove it from the tin. Place on a baking tray and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes to brown the sides. Transfer to a wire Rack to cool, then serve in chunky wedges.