1 packet Colcom Cambridge Pork Sausages
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh Garlic, finely chopped
250ml Brown Rice
1 Chicken stock cube, dissolved in 625mls hot Water
1 Can Baked Beans
1 bunch fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp Cumin, ground
Salt and Black Pepper
250g jar Cheddar Cheese Spread
A pouch of Green Manzilla Olives, drained
- In a large pan, cook the sausages, turning often. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic until tender, then toss in the rice to coat with the fat. Pour over the stock, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until the stock is absorbed into the rice.
- Stir in the cheese spread, baked beans, chopped parsley, ground cumin and lastly the cooked pork sausages (left whole or cut into pieces). Check for seasoning.
- Warm through and serve immediately.
- It is important to note that this dish must be eaten immediately on completion, as it does become visually unappealing as it cools.
Note: Cocktail sausages may be used as an alternative to traditional sausages.