20mls Sunflower Oil
250g Colcom Breakfast Bangers (Sausages)
250g Plain All Purpose Flour
7ml Baking Powder
7ml Bicarbonate of Soda
2ml each Salt and Pepper
5 ml Dried Mixed Herbs
60ml Melted Butter
50g Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
½ cup Spring Onions, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 190°C.
- In a frying pan heat the oil, fry the sausage meat, stirring to crumble. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and sugar.
- Mix together the melted butter, milk and egg and stir into dry ingredients.
- Lastly stir in the sausage meat, spring onions (optional) and cheese.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins. Bake in preheat oven for 20 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Spread with butter and serve warm with cheese.