6 Colcom Pork Sausages
2 Onions Sliced (optional)
300mls Chicken Stock
2 Tablespoons Apple Juice
3 Tablespoons Medium Sherry
15g Softened Butter
Salt and pepper
- Gently fry the sausages until golden all over, reserve pan and juices.
- Slice 2 onion and gently fry in the pan.
- Remove the onions and keep warm.
- Add Chicken stock to de-glaze the pan and add Apple Juice and Medium Dry Sherry. Simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime in a small bowl mix butter and flour to form a smooth paste. Gently whisk this into gravy until all incorporated – this will thickened the gravy. Towards the end add your fried onions.
FOR MASHED POTATO
1kg peeled and halved Potatoes
600mls to 1 litre Full Cream Milk
1 peeled and diced Garlic clove
2 Bay Leaves
1-2 tablespoon of either; Wholegrain Dijon Mustard, or, Wasabi or Horseradish
Add the potatoes to a pan with whole cream milk, cream, bay leaves, a crushed clove of garlic and ½ tsp salt. Gently simmer the potatoes until they are soft but not mushy. Drain the potatoes, remove the bay leaves, reserve the fluid. Add a knob of butter, salt and pepper to the potatoes and add some of the reserved milk to mash. Stir through your choice of Wholegrain Dijon Mustard, Wasabi, or Horseradish. Lastly stir through finely chopped chives and check seasoning.