1 roll Colcom Country-Style Boerewors (or Colcom Chakalaka)
5 cups Hot Water
3 cups Mealie Meal
Salt and Pepper
¾ cup grated Cheddar Cheese
¼ cup tinned or frozen sweetcorn (optional)
410g tin Tomato and Onion Mix
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Red Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tsp Mild Curry Powder
¼ tsp Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a round medium sized ovenproof dish. Keep Boerewors in a spiral and fry it in a moderate saucepan until brown and cooked. Remove and keep warm.
- Heat tomato and onion mixture, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, curry powder and chilli and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil the water in a pot. Add ½ tsp salt. Add the maize meal, stir with a wooden spoon and simmer until cooked
- Add a little grated cheese to the stiff pap. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in sweetcorn if using.
- Put pap in the ovenproof dish. Place the boerewors on top of the pap in its spiral shape and pour sauce over. Sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot.