1 Tbls Olive Oil
1 x 500g Colcom Chakalaka, cooked until slightly caramelised, slice, and dice ¼ of the sausage
3 medium Carrots, peeled and diced
4 Celery Stalks, washed and diced
2 large Bay leaves
5 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Oregano
1 Tbls Parsley
2 tsp Smoky Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Chilli Powder
1 ½ cups white long-grain Rice
3 cups Chicken Stock
- In the pan used to cook the Chakalaka add the carrots, celery and cook until slightly browned and soften, add the diced sausage.
- Add the garlic, salt and dried spices to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling, cover and lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the rice is done.
- Remove the lid and stir in the Chakalaka rounds, place in a serving bowl and serve.