125g Colcom Streaky Bacon
40g Plain Flour
700ml whole fat Milk
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
25g White Bread
125g Mature Cheddar
- Finely slice the leeks. Chop the smoked streaky bacon. Whizz the white bread into crumbs. Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and gently cook the leeks for 6-8 minutes until soft and fragrant; remove and set aside.
- Fry the chopped bacon until crispy, then set aside.
- Cook the macaroni for 5 minutes then drain, return to the pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously, until smooth and thickened. Stir in the mustard and half the cheese. Season to taste.
- Add the leeks and bacon to the macaroni, stir through well, pour over the sauce, then toss together to coat. Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and remaining cheese, season with black pepper and scatter over the macaroni.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling around the edges.