1 Roll Short Crust Pastry
5 small or 3 large leeks – washed and finely chopped
1 Pkt Colcom Bacon Sausages - quartered or sliced
2 egg yolks
150ml double cream
Salt and pepper
Whole grain mustard
Parmesan cheese – freshly grated
- Roll out pastry and use to line a 20cm flan ring. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to relax (this prevents shrinkage during baking).
- Preheat oven to 190⁰C.
- Bake the pastry case blind (covered with greaseproof paper and filled with baking beans).
- Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 170⁰C.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the leeks until soft.
- In a second pan warm the Colcom Bacon Sausages.
- Mix together the egg yolks and cream. Add the leeks and Colcom Bacon Sausages. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a fairly thick layer of mustard on the base of the flan and then pour in the filling.
- Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the filling is set.