225g green lentils, washed
2 onions – peeled
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, parsley and thyme sprigs)
6 Colcom Bacon Sausages - chopped
30ml olive oil
4 celery sticks
60ml chopped celery leaves
30ml chopped fresh parsley
125g pitted olives
Ingredients for the Aiöli
6 garlic cloves – crushed
1 tsp salt
2 egg yolks
15ml lemon juice
300ml olive oil
- Place the lentils in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water.
- Roughly chop 1 onion and 1 garlic clove and wrap together with the bouquet garni in a piece of muslin. Add to the pan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are just tender. Drain and set aside, discard muslin bag.
- Meanwhile make aioli: place the garlic in a food processor with the salt, egg yolks and lemon juice. Blend briefly until pale and then, with the blade running, gradually add the oil, through the feeder tube in a steady stream until the aioli is thickened. Season with pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling.
- Preheat the grill. Lay the Colcom Bacon Sausages on a foil-lined grill pan and grill for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently, until nicely coloured. Cool slightly, then slice thickly.
- Meanwhile slice the remaining onion, crush the garlic and slice the celery.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until golden. Add the celery, celery leaves, parsley and olives and fry for a further minute.
- Stir in the lentils and remove from the heat. Divide the lentil salad between individual serving plates and top with the Colcom Bacon Sausages and a generous spoonful of Aioli. Garnish with parsley.