2 x 400g tin butter beans
1 litre recently boiled water
1 bay leaf
110g COLCOM Smoked Diced Pork
2 Tbsp oil
1 onion – finely chopped
1 leek – cleaned and finely chopped
2 celery – finely chopped
1 large clove garlic – chopped
Approx. 150ml milk
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
- Drain the butter beans and rinse.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan, add the chopped vegetables, then chop up the COLCOM Smoked Diced Pork and add that too. Stir to coat everything with butter and oil and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the butter beans, boiled water and garlic to the vegetables. Cover and continue simmering for a further 15mins until the beans and vegetables are soft.
- Then mash the beans against the sides of the pan with a large fork and thin down the soup with milk.
- Reheat and add chopped parsley and serve.