2 onions, sliced
4 whole cloves garlic
6 Colcom Kassler (smoked pork) chops
Freshly ground black pepper
125 ml white wine
125 ml natural apple juice
3 large green apples, cored and sliced
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a little oil until soft. Remove from the pan.
- Score the fatty edges of the meat and brown the chops on both sides in the oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Return the onion to the pan and pour over half the wine and apple juice.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the chops are nearly done, turning them a few times.
- Add the remaining white wine and apple juice, as well as the apple slices, and simmer until the meat is tender and the apple slices are soft.