1 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 Tbls Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
3 Eggs Whites
3 Egg Yolks
1 cup melted Butter
1 cup Buttermilk (Lacto)
¾ cup Soda Water
Non Stick Spray
1 cup thinly-cut strips of Ham
¾ cup Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites in a medium bowl until medium-soft peaks form.
- Whisk the egg yolks, melted butter, buttermilk and soda water in another bowl; whisk gradually in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Coat the waffle iron with the non-stick spray. Ladle the batter onto the iron, spreading it into the corners (amount of batter will vary according to individual machines).
- Scatter 1 rounded tablespoon thin strips of ham and 1 tablespoon of cheddar over each waffle. Cook until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a baking sheet; keep waffles warm in the oven between batches.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.