¼ cup Butter, cubed
¼ cup All Purpose Flour
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Mustard
¼ tsp Pepper
1 cup Milk
1 Onion, finely chopped and sautéed
2 ½ cups left-over Ham, sliced or cubed
1 cup frozen Peas, thawed
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
Roll of Puff Pastry
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the milk and bring to the boil and stir for 2 minutes until you have a smooth thick sauce. Add the onions.
- Stir in the ham, peas and eggs. Pour filling into an ungreased baking dish.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to fit the top of the dish and place over the filling.
- Seal and flute the edges; cut slits in the top.
- Bake at 200°C for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.