25ml Olive Oil
1 of each, Red, Green and Yellow Peppers, de-seeded and finely slivered
3 Celery Stalks, sliced
2 Colcom Pork Fillets, trimmed and finely sliced into strips
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
50ml Tomato Sauce
200g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Good pinch Bicarbonate of Soda
3 tsp Cornflour
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 tub Garlic and Herb Smooth Cottage Cheese
- In a frying pan sauté the peppers and celery in the heated olive oil, shaking the pan periodically, until the vegetables are just tender and cooked, but still bright in colour. Using a slotted spoon, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Toss the pork strips together on a fairly high heat in the same pan until browned all over and cook through. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the tomato sauce, tomato halves, chicken stock cube and the cooked green pepper mix. Cover with a pan lid and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the bicarb and wait until the foam subsides before continuing.
- Combine the cornflour with the water in a bowl, then pour into the pork mixture, stir over low heat until the sauce thickens and briefly comes to the boil.
- Remove the pan from the stove.
- Stir in the cottage cheese off the heat and serve immediately.