2 Colcom Pork Fillets, trimmed and sinew removed, cut into strips
2 Tbls Soy Sauce
2 Tbls Sherry or Shaoxing Wine
1 tps Sesame Oil
2 Lemons, zest and juice
¾ cup Corns Starch (cornflour)
½ Tbls Corn Starch dissolved in a little water
½ cup Chicken Stock
1/3 cup Caster Sugar
Salt to taste
Vegetable Oil for frying
- Crack one egg into a medium mixing bowl and add the soy sauce, sherry/Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, and zest of one lemon to it. Mix it all well together. This is the marinade for the pork fillet strips. Add pork and let it sit covered to marinade for 20-30 minutes or at least a couple of hours.
- In a shallow bowl add the dry corn starch and season generously with salt.
- Dip each strip of the marinated pork in the corn starch to coat it on all sides and lay them flat on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, ready to fry.
- While you are coating your pork, get a pan ready on the stove and heat up some oil on medium-high.
- When the oil is hot, fry the coated pork in small batches for about 3-4 minutes, until it turns a light golden and is cooked through.
- Remove the pork with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Keep warm.
- For the sauce, zest the other lemon into a saucepan. Add to it, half a cup of lemon juice (roughly two lemons), ½ cup of chicken stock and 1/3 cup sugar. Put the pan onto medium –high heat and bring the sauce to the boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- When the sauce starts to bubble, add the corn starch slurry and whisk continuously.
- The sauce will thicken fast and turn glossy. Remove immediately from the heat and season with salt.
- When you are ready to plate simply add the chicken to a frying pan and pour in some of the sauce. Toss the pork to coat in the sauce. Add as much sauce or all of it if you would like.