¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbls Orange Zest
¾ cup fresh Orange Juice
½ cup fresh Lime Juice
1 cup fresh Cilantro (Coriander), finely chopped
¼ cup lightly packed fresh Mint Leaves, finely chopped
8 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tbls fresh Oregano, minced or 2 tsp dried
2 tsp ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper
1 Colcom Collar Fillet or 1.5kg boneless Pork Shoulder
- If you have a food processor: Add the orange juice, cilantro leaves, mint leaves, and smashed garlic cloves, and pulse everything until all is finely chopped. Add this mixture to a ziplock bag, along with the oil and zest, lime juice, oregano and cumin.
- If you don’t have a food processor: In a large ziplock bag, combine the olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped mint, minced garlic, oregano and cumin. Shake it around a bit to mix it up, then add the pork.
- Place the ziplock bag in a baking dish and put it in the fridge overnight or for several hours at least. Preheat oven to 220°C. Place wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the pork on the rack and discard marinade. Salt and pepper the pork well. Roast pork for 30 minutes. It should be lightly brown.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C and roast for another hour and twenty minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Carve against the grain and serve.