2 tsp Cumin
6 cloves Garlic, crushed with a little salt
Plenty of freshly ground Black Pepper
1 Colcom Collar Fillet
1 fresh Pineapple
4 Tbs light Soy Sauce
¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
6 Tbls Old Fashioned Brown Sugar
6 Tbls fresh Coriander Leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine the cumin, garlic and pepper and rub well into the meat.
- Cut the skin from the pineapple and use some of it to cover the pork. Place the pork on a rack in a baking dish and bake for 1 ¼ hours until almost tender.
- Discard the pineapple skin, then baste the meat with a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar and sugar, with half the chopped coriander. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes, basting frequently.
- Remove the pork from the oven and place on a platter, skim the fat from the sauce and serve the sauce with the meat. Cut the pineapple into rings and use to garnish the pork along with remaining coriander.
- Serve warm or at room temperature carved into slices, with plain steamed rice.