2 Tbls Butter
2 Tbls Sunflower Oil
2 kg Trimmed Colcom Collar Fillet
2 large Onions, sliced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
¼ cup All Purpose Seasoned Flour
1 ½ cups Apple Cider or Apple Juice
1 ½ cups Chicken Stock
1 Cup Dark Beer
1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
2 Tbls Dijon Mustard
6 Carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
2 tsp Ground Coriander
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Salt and ½ tsp Black Pepper
1 cup chopped Dried Apricots
1 cup chopped and Pitted Dates
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Toss the pork in the seasoned flour.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a heavy based pan or casserole dish over medium heat. Add the pork in batches and cook until browned. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Add the onions, garlic and carrots to the same pan, cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in stock, cider, beer, tomatoes, mustard, coriander, cinnamon salt and pepper and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Return the pork and any juices back to the pan. Stir in the apricots and prunes.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.