6 Tbls Apply Jelly
1 Tbls chopped fresh Thyme
1 Pork Fillet (tenderloin), trimmed and thinly sliced
1 Tbls Soy sauce
Salt and Pepper
½ cup Olive Oil, extra for brushing
1 Red Onion, finely sliced
3 tsps Wholegrain Mustard
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 head of Lettuce
1 Green Apple, skin on, quartered, cored and diced
2-3 Radishes, washed and finely sliced
¾ cup crumbled Blue Cheese
Chopped Parsley for garnish
- Mix four tablespoons apple jelly with the thyme.
- Add some butter with a splash of olive oil to a heavy based frying pan and add the sliced pork fillet on medium to high heat. Season with salt and pepper and add soy sauce. When almost cooked add the apple jelly and thyme, cook for a further minute or two then remove and set aside to cool.
- Soak diced onion in cold water for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile whisk the mustard, vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of apple jelly in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Slowly add ½ cup olive oil, whisking until smooth.
- Drain the onion. Add the lettuce, apple, radishes, pork, onion and blue cheese to the bowl with the dressing and toss.
- Carefully tip out onto a serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley.
Tip: As with most salads assemble just before serving.