85g Sun-Dried Tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped plus
2-3 Tbls Oil from jar
1.2kg Colcom Pork Collar Fillet, cut into chunky cubes
2 Tbls Plain Flour, seasoned
1 Onion, thinly sliced
3 Bay Leaves
Few sprigs fresh Thyme
400ml Red Wine
Strip of zest and juice from 1 Orange
350ml Chicken Stock
400g Can Tomatoes
600g small New Potatoes, skin on and washed
2 Packets Black Olives
- Heat 1 Tbls of sundried tomato oil in a large, flame proof casserole dish. Toss the pork in the flour, tap off excess then brown it in batches, transferring to a large bowl once golden and crusted. Use a splash more oil for the subsequent batches if needed.
- Tip 1 Tbls oil, shallots, onion, bay leaves and thyme into the pan and fry for 5 minutes until fragrant and onions are soft and translucent. Stir in the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, cook for 1 more minute then tip all out onto the pork, leave to one side.
- Splash the wine and orange juice into the dish, add the orange zest and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Add meat and onions back in.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 180°C. Stir in the stock, canned tomatoes, new potatoes and olives into the casserole, then bring to a simmer.
- Prod potatoes as far under the surface of the liquid as you can. Cover leaving a gap on one side to let steam escape, then cook in the oven for 2-2 ½ hours, or until meat is tender enough to cut with a spoon. Spoon away any excess fat and let the stew rest for a few minutes before ladling in to shallow bowls to serve with brown rice.