200g Chinese Egg Noodles
1.5kg Colcom Pork Fillets
90ml Oil for frying
25ml Soy Sauce
4-6 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
30ml grated fresh Ginger
1 Chicken Stock Cube
3 tsp Soy Sauce
5ml white Vinegar
60ml Tomato Sauce
¼ tsp Sugar
1 tsp Cornflour
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
2 Red and Green peppers, julienned
- Place the noodles in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Stir well to separate. Boil uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Rinse noodles under cold water and drain well.
- Slice the pork into strips. Coat lightly with cornflour and dust off any excess.
- Heat some of the oil in a pan or wok. Fry a few pieces of pork at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Repeat until all the pork is cooked.
- Add 15ml clean oil to a pan and add the noodles and soy sauce and toss in the pan until heated. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add garlic, ginger and onion and stir fry until transparent.
- Add the pork and mix well.
- Blend the stock cube, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce, sugar and cornflour in the water, season and add to the pork.
- Stir fry until the sauce thickens, spoon it over the noodles and top with the peppers.