1.2kg Colcom Collar Fillet, trimmed and sliced into cubes
½ cup All Purpose Flour
3 Tbls Vegetable Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 large Red pepper, diced
2 punnets Mushrooms, wiped and sliced
½ cup Celery stalks, chopped
1 cup Peas
1 tsp fresh Thyme
1 tsp dried Oregano
2 tins chopped Tomatoes
3 large Potatoes, washed and sliced into cubes, parboil before hand
2 cups Chicken Stock
Salt and ground Black Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Dredge the pork cubes in the flour, be sure to dust off excess flour. Pan-fry until golden.
- Add the onion, tomato, celery and red pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the thyme and oregano.
- Pour in the chicken stock, let simmer for 45 minutes, add cubed par-boiled potato half way through.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a small frying pan in some butter, when nearly done add the peas. Add to the pot and cook for a further 12 minutes.
- Once the mixture thickens add salt and pepper to taste.