100g Colcom Picnic Ham, diced into tiny cubes
2¼ cups Plain Four
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
1¼ tsp salt
115g Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
2 Tbls fresh Basil
1/3 cup chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes
2½ Tbls Olive Oil
1¼ cup Buttermilk (Lacto)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a bread/loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add the ham, basil and sun-dried tomatoes to the flour mixture and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil and buttermilk.
- Pour the liquids into the flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined. Please note the dough will be sticky.
- Transfer dough to the bread pan and spread it out evenly. Tap a few times on the kitchen counter to dislodge any air bubbles.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the loaf.