3 cups sliced fresh Mushrooms
2 cups thinly sliced Celery
2 cups diced Carrots
1 cup diced Onion
1 Tbls Olive Oil
2 cups cubed cooked smoked Colcom Ham
1 tsp minced Garlic
1 - 2 Tbls All Purpose Flour
2 cups Cream
1 can diced Tomato
1 Tbls of each fresh Basil and Oregano
¼ tsp Pepper
2 cups grated Mozzarella Cheese
1 ¼ cup Strong Cheddar
1 cup grated Kefalotiri
- In a large frying pan, sauté the mushrooms, celery, onions and carrots for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the cubed ham and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream and stir into the ham mixture. Add the tomato, fresh herbs and pepper. Bring up to the boil and cook gently stirring for 2 minutes. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes until heated through (the sauce will be thin).
- In a small bowl combine the cheeses.
- Start to compile your lasagne. Grease an oven proof dish, lay down a layer of lasagne sheets, top with a third of your ham and veg sauce and a third of your combined cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15-20 minutes longer until bubbly and all the cheese has melted.