350g All Purpose Flour, sifted
175g Butter, chilled in freezer for 30 minutes
200g Crème Fraiche
1 Tbls Cornflour
350g Cooked Gammon, shredded or finely chopped
100g Frozen Peas, defrosted
2 Tbls fresh Mint, finely chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
To make the pastry, add the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt. Grate the butter into the bowl and gently rub in. Stir in 6 tablespoons of cold water and bring the mixture together with your hands to make a firm dough. Wrap in Clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
To make the filling, beat together the crème fraiche and cornflour. Season with salt and pepper.
Fold in the gammon, peas, mint, and cayenne pepper, then set aside.
Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan.
- Divide the pastry into quarters and roll out each to 15cm circle.
- Divide the filling into four and pile onto one half of each circle, leaving a border of 2cm.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg. Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges with fork to seal.
- Brush the pasties with beaten egg and make a small hole in the tops to allow the steam to escape.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
Serve each pasties with mashed potato and a green salad for a meal or as snacks.