500g Colcom Polony (offcuts)
500g Macaroni Pasta
150g Butter or Margarine
1 Onion, chopped
200g Frozen Peas, defrosted
105g Cake Flour
250ml Chicken Stock
Salt and freshly ground Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
100g Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a large ovenproof dish and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Heat margarine or butter in a heavy based sauce pan. Then add the onion and sauté until soft. Add the flour and stir until the flour is absorbed. Gradually add milk and stock and stir until mixture has thickened. Simmer for a minute more. Remove from heat and season to taste.
- Add the sauce and peas to the pasta.
- Spoon a layer of pasta in the greased oven proof dish. Spread out evenly then spread out a layer of polony offcuts. Repeat layering of pasta and polony, ending with a layer of pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese over and bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbling and golden.