2 Onions, sliced
2 cloves Garlic
Roll of Puff Pastry
100g Oscars Black Forest Ham
300g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Olive Oil for drizzling
Fresh Sprig of Thyme
- Preheat the oven to 220°C with a baking sheet inside.
- Melt the butter and a splash of olive oil in a pan, add the onions, season and cook gently for 10 minutes or until they start to turn golden. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Unroll the pastry onto greased baking parchment and spread the cooled onion mix over, leaving an uncovered border of about 1cm.
- Dollop on the ricotta then top with tomatoes and folds of Oscars Black Forest Ham. Season well, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Transfer tart to the hot baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden and the tomatoes are soft and juicy.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Slide off the baking parchment onto a serving platter and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over a little olive oil, sprinkle with thyme, slice then serve.