60g Colcom Streaky Bacon, finely diced
Butter to fry
1 Red Pepper, finely chopped
200g Beef Mince
2 Eggs, separated
½ small Onion, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
45g Black olives
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp dried Italian Herbs
600g Ready Made Puff Pastry
- Add bacon to a frying pan over medium heat and fry in a little butter until nicely browned, add the red pepper halfway. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the egg yolks and puff pastry, to the bacon and pepper mixture.
- Reheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out the puff pastry into a 30cmx20cm slab of about 0.2cm thickness.
- Divide the meat mixture into 3 portions. Shape the first portion in a sausage and place along the 30cm edge of pastry. Roll the dough around the sausage like mixture until almost closed. Prick small holes into the pastry with a fork all along the rolled up sausage. Brush with cold water onto the pricked pastry and finish rolling up the sausage roll. Cut the pastry tight next to the sausage and repeat the process with the remaining sausage mixture and pastry. Divide each long sausage roll into 3 equal parts.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the sausage rolls in the tray. Beat with the egg yolks and brush the top and sides of each sausage roll with the egg wash. Bake in a n oven until golden for 30 minutes.