1 ½ cups lukewarm Water
250g Colcom Streaky Bacon, diced and gently sautéed, drain on kitchen paper
3 Tbls Olive Oil (plus additional to drizzle in the pan)
1 ¼ tsp Salt
3 ½ cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
1 Tbls Dry Instant Yeast
Filling and Topping
2 cups diced strong Cheddar Cheese
8-10 Garlic Cloves, peeled and chopped
Pizza Seasoning or your favourite dried/fresh Herbs
- Lightly grease a 22 x 33cm flat pan and drizzle 1-2 Tbls olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all the ingredients except the cheese, bacon and garlic, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
- Add the cheese, bacon and garlic and gently beat to just combine.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared tin, cover the pan and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, until it becomes puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 190°C
- Sprinkle the dough with pizza or herb seasoning or fresh/dried herbs of your choice.
- Bake the bread until it is golden brown 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.