2 Tbls Olive Oil
500gChicken Breasts or de-boned Thighs, sliced into strips
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Italian Seasoning (Thyme, Oregano, basil – combined)
5 medium Tomatoes, skinned and chopped into large cubes
1 cup Cooked Spinach
5 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
6 slices Streaky Bacon, cooked, drained of fat and chopped
1 1/3 of Half and Half (milk and cream)
1 1/3 cups Kefalotiri Cheese, grated
1 packet Penne Pasta
½ cup Kefalotiri, grated for serving
- In a large skillet, on high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until hot. Add the chicken and cook on high heat for 1 minute sprinkle the paprika and Italian seasoning over the chicken. Cook for a further minute on high heat or until chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- To the same pan add the chopped tomatoes, spinach, garlic, 1/3 chicken and half the chopped bacon. Mix everything.
- Add the half milk and half cream and bring up to the simmer. Only after the half and half starts boiling, add the kefalotiri – immediately reduce to a simmer and stir, while simmering, until the cheese melts and makes the sauce creamy, 1-2 minutes at the most. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In the meantime bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water and drain again.
- Add pasta to the skillet with the sauce. Add the remaining half of bacon. Plate in a large serving bowl.
Arrange the remainder chicken strips and grated Kefalotiri on top and serve immediately.