2 small store bought Naan Breads
250g Spinach Leaves (or Baby Spinach)
2 tsp Olive Oil
1/3 cup Bacon Jam
2 Tbls Kefalotiri Cheese
Tabasco Sauce, optional
400g Bacon Rashers
2 Onions, sliced
½ cup light brown Sugar
½ cup strongly brewed black Coffee
½ cup Water
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbls Maple Syrup
To make the bacon jam
- Roughly chop the bacon and sauté over medium heat, stirring until bacon is cooked but not crispy. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon.
- Pour some of the bacon fat out the pan, but reserving 1-2 Tbls to sauté the onions in. Turn up the heat and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in the brown sugar. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the onions are caramelised.
- Stir in the bacon, coffee, water, vinegar and maple syrup. Reduce heat and simmer until thick and syrupy, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Spoon into a clean, sterilised jar, seal and refrigerate. Eat within 2 weeks.
To make the Breakfast pizza
- Rinse the spinach in water, drain and place in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts. Remove from the heat and cover saucepan. Stand for 2-4 minutes until the spinach is soft. Drain the spinach well. Return the spinach to pan and toss through olive oil, mix until well combined. Season carefully with salt and pepper, don’t overdo.
- Place naan breads on a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Place bacon jam in a small saucepan and warm until easily spreadable. Spread over naan breads.
- Arrange spinach over pizzas, forming a well in the centre for an egg. One at a time, crack an egg into a cup, then carefully slip the egg into the centre of each pizza.
- Sprinkle each pizza with grated Kefalotiri cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking.