4 large Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
½ Onion, diced
250g Colcom Streaky Bacon, chopped
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Cumin
Pinch of Cinnamon
1 can Baked Beans
2 Tbls chopped fresh Oregano or Basil or 3 tsp Italian Dried Herbs
Salt and Pepper
Lemon Wedges and chopped Spring Onions
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Steam or boil whole sweet potatoes, takes roughly 45 minutes.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large over medium heat and sauté the onion and bacon until golden. Add the paprika, cumin, cinnamon and baked beans. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add herbs and season to taste.
- Cut a slit down the middle of the sweet potato and squeeze to open.
- Divide the bean filling between the sweet potatoes, squeeze over lemon juice and scatter with spring onions.
- Delicious to serve with a dollop of sour cream and a wedge of avocado.