2 Tbls Sunflower Vegetable Oil
2 Rashers Colcom Middle Cut Bacon, rind off and diced
½ x440g packet shelf fresh thin Hokkien Noodles
4-6 Packet Instant Noodles, soaked in boiling water, drained
2 medium Zucchini, grated
2 medium Carrots, peeled and grated
125g canned Corn Kernels, drained
½ cup frozen Peas
4 Spring Onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp Onion Salt
Salt and Pepper
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
½ cup Milk
¼ cup vegetable Oil, extra
Mixed Salad Leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20x30cm Lamington pan (baking tray with sides). Line base and sides with baking paper extending paper 2cm on all sides.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium- high heat. Add bacon. Cook stirring occasionally, for
- 4 -5 minutes until golden. Remove from heat.
- Separate noodles with your hands. Using kitchen scissors, cut is 5 cm strips.
- Squeeze excess liquid form zucchinis and carrots with your hands. Combine noodles, bacon, zucchini, carrot, corn, peas, onion, flour and half cheese in a bowl. Place eggs, milk and extra oil in a jug. Whisk to combine. Season with salt, pepper and onion salt. Stir through noodle mixture. Spread into prepared baking pan top with remainder cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and just set. Stand for 15 minutes to set. Cut into 8 pieces.
Serve with a fresh green salad.