600g New Potatoes, rinsed, skin on
8 slices Colcom Premium Bacon, diced
1/3 cup Olive Oil
2 heaped Tbls prepared White Horseradish
¼ cup Lemon Juice
6 Spring Onions, finely sliced
3 Anchovy Fillets
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
½ Yellow Pepper, finely chopped
¼ cup flat-leaf Parsley, chopped
- Steam or boil potatoes until tender when pricked with a fork. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl and let to cool slightly.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and fry bacon until crisp. Reserve 1-2 Tbls fat, and set bacon aside to drain on a paper towel.
- Whisk together the reserved bacon fat, olive oil, horseradish, lemon juice and anchovies in a bowl until emulsified, season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour this dressing over the warm potatoes.
- Crumble the bacon onto the potatoes, then add the yellow pepper and parsley and toss lightly to coat completely.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to “marinate” then serve at room temperature.