Traditionally served with Irish Soda Bread (which we have covered refer to your recipes)
2kg Potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 large Onions, peeled and thickly sliced
500g Cambridge Pork Sausage
400g Colcom Bacon Sausage, cut into chunks
450g Colcom Middle Cut Bacon, diced
1 Chicken Stock Cube
3-4 Tbls Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Bay leaves
Salt to taste
Coarse Ground Pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Bring the water to the boil and dissolve chicken stock cube in it. Take off heat. Add the garlic and Bay leaves.
- Sauté your bacon in a tablespoon of olive oil, drain on kitchen paper.
- Cook your Cambridge sausages in the same pan as the bacon, until cooked through, cut into chunks or leave whole if you prefer.
- In a large flame proof dish with a tight lid or foil, start layering ingredients; onions, bacon, Cambridge sausages, Bacon sausages, and potatoes. Season each layer liberally with fresh ground pepper and the chopped parsley. Continue until the ingredients are used up. Pour the stock/bouillon, garlic, Bay leaves mixture over the top. Cover very tightly with two to three layers of foil.
- Bake for a minimum of two hours. Three hours wouldn’t hurt. Check to see if you need to add more boiling water if necessary. There should be at least 8cm of liquid at the bottom of the dish at all times.