1 cup chopped Pecans
1 packet Farfalle (Bow Tie) Pasta, cooked, rinsed and a few drops of Olive Oil tossed through
450g fresh Broccoli
1 cup good quality Mayonnaise
1/3 cup White Sugar
1 Red Onion, diced
1/3 cup Red Wine vinegar
1 tsp Salt
2 cups seedless Red Grapes, halved
10 slices Colcom Streaky Bacon, fried and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake the pecans in a single layer in a shallow baking tray for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring half way through.
- Prepare pasta as above.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using the tip of a paring knife. Peel away the tough outer layer of stems, finely chop stems.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, diced red onion, red wine vinegar and salt.
- In a large bowl add the dressing to the pasta, grapes and broccoli, gently stir to coat.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Stir in bacon and pecans just before serving, and turn out into a large clean bowl or platter.