6 large Beetroots, cut into thick slices
Salt and Milled Pepper
200g Halloumi Cheese, sliced
250g Colcom Streaky Bacon, finely diced
100g Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
2 sprigs Rosemary
1 pkt Baby Spinach
3 Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
¼ cup Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic, crushed
1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200’C.
- Toss beetroots on a baking tray with olive oil and seasoning. Roast until tender, about 40 minutes. Toss through the hazelnuts and rosemary with the beetroot and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat up a small frying pan and dry fry the slices of halloumi until golden and the edges have a slight crisp. Keep warm.
- Add a glug of oil to same pan and quickly fry off the diced bacon until crispy.
- Arrange beetroot, hazelnuts and baby spinach on a platter and whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle over.
- Add the halloumi cheese and sprinkle the salty bacon over the salad and serve.
You could substitute spicy Chorizo sausage instead of bacon.